Mornings Do Not Have To Be the Worst with These Easy Breakfast Recipes
Mornings can be very dreadful. With so little time and so much to do, you always feel rushed that you forget to prepare for breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. To get you energized for the day’s hard work, you need to supplement yourself with a healthy breakfast recipe.
Make your mornings easier by preparing easy breakfast ideas. Here are six meal ideas to choose from.
Scrambled Eggs in the Oven
Who would not want scrambled eggs for breakfast! Aside from being a healthy breakfast idea, it is easy to make and it does not cost you too much time. Spice up your scrambled eggs by smothering it with melted cheese. It only takes you two minutes. Egg-celent!
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons shredded cheese
salt, pepper, and any other herbs you choose to use
- Coat a 12 oz. microwave safe coffee mug or other dish with cooking spray.
- Add eggs and milk and beat till blended.
- Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds; stir.
- Microwave until eggs are almost set, 30 to 45 seconds longer.
- Top with cheese and season with salt, pepper, and herbs.
Bacon in the Microwave
For bacon-lovers, there is a quick way to cook crunchy and crispy bacon.
- Prepare a microwave-safe dish and place several layers of paper towels over the dish. The paper towels will absorb all the bacon grease, leaving a mess-free kitchen.
- Lay up to six uncooked bacon strips across the paper towels. Don’t overlap them, or the bacon won’t cook evenly.
- Place a layer of paper towels over the top of the bacon strips. This will prevent splatting grease from creating a mess in your microwave.
- Cook the bacon. Heat the bacon in the microwave for approximately three minutes on the highest setting, or 30 seconds per slice. Note that the time may vary by microwave and according to the amount of bacon.
- Drain the bacon. Remove the bacon from the plate and place on a paper towel to absorb any excess grease. Allow it to sit for about a minute to cool.
- Remove the bacon from the paper towels promptly or it will stick, leaving pieces of paper towel on the bacon.
Sautéed Banana Oatmeal
Bored of your plain old oatmeal? Well twist it up by adding some bananas. Loaded with vitamins and nutrients, you’ll definitely have to put this in your list of healthy breakfast recipes.
2 servings oatmeal, prepared as directed
2 tbsps. coconut oil
2 medium-sized bananas, sliced
2-3 tbsps. brown sugar
1 cup of milk for serving
- Heat coconut oil in medium-sized pan.
- Add bananas to pan and cook for about a minute, stirring briefly.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over bananas, cook for one minute and stir so that mixture coats all bananas.
- Remove from heat.
- Divide bananas over oats and serve with warm milk.
Who says we cannot have desserts for breakfast! Try these adorable-looking banana bites as they make a very delicious breakfast idea. You can make up a big batch ahead of breakfast time and then you can just simply pop a few in your mouth when you’re in a hurry. Loaded with vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, you’d definitely keep on making more.
Almond butter – you can buy it pre-made or make your own!
- Slice your banana into an even amount of round slices – about ¼” to ½” thick.
- Spread a desired amount of almond butter on one slice, and use another to make it into a “sandwich.”
- Place your banana bites in the freezer for half an hour. You may also place it a little longer to make it extra cold. Just keep them sealed in a container for a snack all throughout the week!
Starting your day with fruits is a great way to get yourself alert and awake. Grapefruits are definitely worth putting in your healthy breakfast recipes. It is a great source of vitamin C, which enhances your immune system.
1 grapefruit, cut in half and segmented with a grapefruit knife
2 to 3 tbsps. brown sugar, you can eyeball it
A few generous sprinkles of ground ginger
- Set the oven to broil and place a rack on the top shelf of the oven. You want the grapefruit to be as close as possible to the broiler heat.
- Halve and segment a grapefruit. You may need to trim the bottoms of the grapefruit so it sits up straight.
- Place in a broiler safe pan and sprinkle with brown sugar and ginger. Place in the oven under the broiler. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, keeping an eye on it as it cooks. Feel free to rotate the pan as the grapefruit browns.
- Remove from oven and serve warm or at room temperature. Be sure to squeeze all the juice out when you’re done eating. It’s the best part!
Morning Zing Smoothie
For non-early birds out there, this one is perfect for you. When you need something zingy to wake you up, try this simple smoothie. You just need to throw the ingredients into a blender and glug it down.
1 cup spinach
1 stalk celery
1/2 inch fresh ginger root
2 peaches, peeled and diced
1 cup pineapple
1 cup coconut water
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.